|WSET-TV STANDING CONTEST RULES
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in these Contests?
No purchase is necessary to participate in these Contests.
Who is conducting these Contests?
WSET, Incorporated ("Sponsor") is conducting a series of Contests on WSET-TV ("Station").
Who can participate in these Contests?
- are 18 years of age or older at time of the Contests; and
- legal residents of and physically located in the Roanoke-Lynchburg-Danville television market.
Who cannot participate in these Contests?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
- live or receive Station's signal (e.g., satellite retransmission) outside the WSET-TV viewing area;
- are employed by Sponsor, promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with these Contests (or their affiliates or subsidiaries); or
- are employed by other radio, television, and/or print media operations in the Station's market (or their affiliates or subsidiaries).
- "Family Members" include: spouses, parents, children and siblings. "Household Members" include persons living at the same street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legally related.
When will these Contests begin and end?
These Contests will run only when promotional opportunities arise; therefore, deadlines for entry will vary and will be announced each time solicitation for entries is given.
How can I participate in and win these Contests?
- Mail in Contest – When the contest is announced on air, the contestant will mail in a printed entry blank or a postcard with their name, address and phone number to P.O. Box 11588, Lynchburg, Virginia 24506. Random drawings will be held at announced times to select the winner.
- Call in Contest – Contestants will be required to call a published telephone number at a designated time. The participant's call must be the designated number in the sequence of calls received (i.e., the 13th caller) to qualify, or be the first caller after the designated number with the correct answer to the contest question.
- Email Contest – Contestants will be required to send an email message with their name, address and phone number to a designated email address. A random drawing will be held at announced times to select the winner.
- Web Site Contest – Contestants will be required to log onto wset.com and fill out and submit an entry blank posted there. A random drawing will be held at announced times to select the winner from all entry blanks that have been properly filled out.
What can I win?
All winners will receive prizes that vary depending on which promotional items are available (T-shirts, concert tickets, etc.). The prizes are valued at approximately $100 or less.
What are my odds of winning these Contests?
The odds of winning depend on number of postcards, entry blanks or email messages submitted and telephone calls made.
How will I be notified?
Winners will be notified on-air and by mail at the address shown on the entry form if the contest is a random drawing type. If the contest is a phone-in type, winners will be notified during their phone call that they have won. All prizes will be available to be picked up at the main offices of WSET, Incorporated or at the venue of the event, if that is determined to be more convenient by WSET. In either case, the winner will be required to show proof of identity to claim the prize. If the winner requests that the prize be mailed, WSET may, at its sole discretion, elect to do so, but assumes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or untimely delivery of prizes.
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
- if he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 10 business days from the date of the prize drawing;
- if he/she is found to be ineligible;
- if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
- if he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about these Contests?
These Contests are subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win these Contests only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to these Contests shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and/or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in these Contests, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
- any technical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor;
- cancellation, pre-emption, non-broadcast or out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or in part, of any program containing a Contest element and Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Contest, or any portion thereof, due to such occurrences; or
- inability of the online portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including tampering or infection by computer virus. Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend these Contests in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of these Contests, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in these Contests are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. These Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. These Contests are void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
- to waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from these Contests;
- to release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor;
- to acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize and does not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work or any product associated with a prize including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance;
- that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
- that any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with these Contests will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law;
- that Sponsor is not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
- that if, for any reason, the online portion of these Contests is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of these Contests and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received;
- that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of these Contests; and
- that in no event shall Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with these Contests.
11. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: P.O. Box 11588, Lynchburg, Virginia 24506.