Chili Verde from Flinchy's and Chef Dawson Flinchbaugh
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 2 lbs diced pork tenderloin
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (7 oz) salsa verde
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 6 cans (7 oz) whole mild green chilis
- 1 to 3 Jalapenos, seeded & diced
- Half a green pepper, seeded & diced
- Half large white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dark brown sugar
- Pinto beans (optional)
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Cook and drain pork with half the chili powder.
- Add chicken broth, chili powder, salsa verde and bullion. Stir.
- Saute onion and garlic until opaque. Add to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove lid until desired thickness is reached, stirring often. Additional chicken broth or water can be added to achieve desired thickness.
- Add Jalapenos and bell pepper.
- Add green chilis to the mix 20 minutes before serving.
- Add 2 tsps to 1 Tbs of dark brown sugar per pound of meat and continue to simmer until sauce is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.