Chef John Reis of Hilton Harrisburg shares a recipe for Poached Grouper with Quinoa and a Vegetable Broth.
4 ea 4-5 oz Grouper fillets
4 servings Quinoa ( see recipe below)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 carrot, cut in half and sliced
1/4 cup sliced leeks
1 cup white wine
1 cup water
Pinch salt and pepper
1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
1 cup chiffonade bok choy
- Place the carrots, onions, garlic and leeks in a medium sauté pan and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for another 2 minutes, add the water, salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced shitake mushrooms, bok choy and stir.
- Season the grouper with salt and pepper and place on top, skin up. Cover and place in a 350 degrees oven for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place Quinoa in center of bowl, place grouper on top and spoon vegetables and broth around and over the Grouper
For the Herb Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 20 ounces chicken stock
- 12 ounces quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives
- Combine the garlic, shallots, rosemary and thyme with 2 ounces of the chicken stock and reduce until the shallots are almost translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, the remaining stock, salt, pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes. Stir in the parsley and chopped chives.