Chef John Reis of Hilton Harrisburg shares his recipe for Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard Barbecue Sauce.
· 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
· 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
· 1/4 cup ketchup
· 1/4 cup molasses
· 1/4 cup honey
· 2 tablespoons maple syrup
. 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 8 lamb chops
· 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, ketchup, molasses, honey, maple syrup and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. Can be made 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to high. Season the lamb on both sides with salt and pepper to taste and brush with canola oil.
- Put the chops on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Brush with the sauce, then turn the chops over and continue grilling to medium doneness, 2 to 3 minutes more, brushing the top with more of the sauce.
- Remove the chops from the grill to a serving platter. Brush with more of the sauce and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and Potatoes