Chef Dawson Flinchbaugh of Flinchy's shares a trick for making steamed clams in the kitchen.
- 1 dozen littleneck clams
- 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water in pan
- 4 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
1. Use two identical saute' pans (one will be lid), add water and heat on high.
2. Add ingredients, clams last.
3. When clams start frothing around edges, they are ready to open. Continue steaming until all clams are open, maybe 2-3 minutes at most. (Discard any clams that do not open.)
4. Place clams in bowl and pour juice over. Add additional melted butter, if desired.