Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation's largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course is currently looking for a Cook 2 to join the team.
Your daily responsibilities include:
• Prepares, expedites, monitors, replenishes, and/or transports meats.vegetables, soups, sauces and other food items as indicated by production sheets
· Report to Sous Chef at start of shift to receive instructions as daily specials or menu changes
· Arrange mise en place according posted instructions and menu requirements
· Communicates station needs, waste and discrepancies with immediate supervisor
· As directed by supervisor, prepare and present menu items according to recipe specification and presentation photo
· Assist in other areas of kitchen as directed by Sous Chef
· Interacts with guests and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
· Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years of experience
· Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques
· Knowledge of weights, measures and recipe yield
· Possess and maintain culinary tools (knives) to perform the necessary job functions
· Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
· Excellent customer service/communication skills
· Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
· Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
· Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
· Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
· Able to work in constricting areas
· Must be able to tolerate areas with high temperatures
· Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
· Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
· Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"