This sandwich is derived from a recipe in the Harley and Davidson Family Recipes cookbook. It was adopted by Flinchy's after a visit by Margo Manning, Bill Harley's granddaughter, to promote the book and has become a favorite.
Makes 2, 3 or 4 burgers
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound ground beef 80/20
1 cup chopped onions
1 slice cheese of choice per burger
1 slice Canadian bacon per burger
1. Combine salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and chili powder in a small mixing bowl.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef and onions and thoroughly mix together.
3. At the same time, gradually add the spice mixture to ensure an even mix.
4. Cook burger on grill, griddle or frying pan. After the flip (only flip once), place Canadian bacon on grill to heat and get grill marks.
5. When almost to temperature (135-145), add cheese and top with bacon. Serve on a toasted kaiser roll with slice of tomato, lettuce, catsup, mustard and chips.