No cookout or tailgate would be complete without this Ragin' Cajun Bean-and-Cheese Dip from Isabel Maples of the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association.
Makes 16 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
· 1 (14.5-ounce) can chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 teaspoon hot sauce
· 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
· 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto or red kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed with a fork
· 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
· 1/2 cup diced reduced-fat smoked sausage
· Cooking spray
· 4 cups (16 ounces) freshly shredded, reduced-fat sharp
· Cheddar cheese, divided
· Baked tortilla chips
1. Combine tomatoes and next six ingredients. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts per serving
Calories: 120; Total Fat: 5 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 20 mg; Sodium: 440 mg; Calcium: 20% Daily Value; Protein: 11 g; Carbohydrates: 9 g; Dietary Fiber: 2 g