Quantcast

3 hospitalized for CO fumes in Chambersburg apartments - abc27 WHTM

Franklin County

3 hospitalized for CO fumes in Chambersburg apartments

Posted: Updated:
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

Nine people were ordered out of a Chambersburg apartment building and three were treated at a hospital Monday night after a malfunctioning furnace spread carbon monoxide fumes.

Chambersburg Fire Chief William FitzGerald said firefighters were called to the building in the 300 block of Philadelphia Avenue at around 9:30 p.m.

FitzGerald said the malfunction occurred when the landlord fired up the furnace for the first time.

Powered by WorldNow