Updated: pets rescued from house fire - abc27 WHTM

York County

Updated: pets rescued from house fire

Posted: Updated:

Crews and police answered a call to a house fire Saturday around 4:30 p.m. in York County.

The fire occurred in a residence along the 200 block of Creek Road in Newberry Township.

Dispatchers reported that the family was home when the fire broke out, but everyone was able to escape. They also rescued several family dogs and exotic birds.

State police say the fire was sparked by flames from a chimney.

Damage estimates are unclear at this time.

Powered by WorldNow