Middletown residents trying to pay their electric bills continue to find out that the borough offices are closed.
The shutdown took place after four police officers were sent to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak on Christmas Eve.
Borough spokesman Chris Courogen said a faulty muffler in the basement generator caused the leak.
He said an internal threat assessment conducted by the police department last year indicated the generator was not working properly and the findings were not released to anyone outside the department.
Courogen said an air quality test will take place before the doors are reopened.
He said there is a chance that the office will be open for business sometime next week.
Customers affected by the shutdown will not incur late fees.