The facility was deemed safe on Monday afternoon. That cleared the way for the finance and administration offices to be open during normal business hours which allowed residents to pay their electric bills and address other borough issues.
The building had been closed since Christmas Eve after four police officers were sent to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak.
Officials believe a faulty muffler on one of the two generators that are in the basement caused the leak.
Borough Council voted on Monday to move the police department to another location permanently. No word on when the move will take place.