CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- Milton Jennings scored a season-high 21 points on five 3-pointers and added 11 rebounds to give Clemson its first Atlantic Coast Conference victory of the season, 59-44 over Virginia on Saturday.
Joe Harris scored 14 points to lead UVa but he had no help. The next highest scorer was Akil Mitchell with 7.
Jennings finished a point off his career best as the Tigers (9-6, 1-2 ACC) avoided their first 0-3 ACC start in 13 years. Devin Booker added 15 points and nine rebounds for Clemson, which won its fourth straight at home over the Cavaliers (11-5, 1-2).
It was Virginia's lowest point total since a 63-44 loss to Boston College on Feb. 26, 2011. Joe Harris had 14 points and was Virginia's only player in double figures.
Jennings took control of things for Clemson early in the second half with consecutive threes for a 31-24 lead. When the Cavaliers cut things to 33-29 on Evan Nolte's 3-pointer, Jennings and Damarcus Harrison led a 7-0 run for the Tigers.
Team Notes (courtesy of UVa athletics)
• Virginia (11-5, 1-2 ACC) has lost consecutive games for the first time this season.
• Virginia is 0-4 in its last four games at Clemson.
• The Cavaliers were held to a season low 44 points.
• The Cavaliers trailed at the half (24-20) for the third consecutive game.
• Virginia's 20 first half points marked a season low in ACC games.
• The Cavaliers were scoreless (0-2) from the free throw line in the first half for the second time this season (12/22/12 vs. Old Dominion 0-2).
• Clemson's 76.9 percent shooting (10-13) from the field in the second half marked a season \high vs. Virginia this season.
• Virginia allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the field for the second time this season (11/9/12 vs. George Mason 54.5 percent).
• Joe Harris (14 points) led Virginia in scoring for the 10th time.
• Akil Mitchell (nine rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 12th time.