York County father rescues family from burning home
HANOVER, Pa. (WHTM) -
A York County father and former firefighter rescued his family from their burning home Wednesday morning.
"I've been there for other people who have been in this position and I know it's not a good feeling for them," homeowner Richard Bradburn said. "Now I personally know how they feel and it's not a good feeling."
Bradburn said he tried to put out the fire before helping his wife, 3-month-old son and 2-year-old daughter out of a second story window and onto the porch roof. Bradburn then jumped off of the roof and ran to get a ladder, which he used to help his family down. The Bradburns oldest child, a 3 year old, was not home at the time.
The fire appears to have been sparked by a space heater around 5 a.m., Bradburn said. He said his family will find friends and family to stay with until they can make repairs to their Penn Township home. He said two second-floor bedrooms and the attic were destroyed while the first floor has extensive water damage.
The Bradburn's home is on Dove Circle near the intersection with Frock Drive.