York County father rescues family from burning home - abc27 WHTM

York County

York County father rescues family from burning home

Posted: Updated:

A York County father and former firefighter rescued his family from their burning home Wednesday morning.

"I've been there for other people who have been in this position and I know it's not a good feeling for them," homeowner Richard Bradburn said. "Now I personally know how they feel and it's not a good feeling."

Bradburn said he tried to put out the fire before helping his wife, 3-month-old son and 2-year-old daughter out of a second story window and onto the porch roof. Bradburn then jumped off of the roof and ran to get a ladder, which he used to help his family down. The Bradburns oldest child, a 3 year old, was not home at the time.

The fire appears to have been sparked by a space heater around 5 a.m., Bradburn said. He said his family will find friends and family to stay with until they can make repairs to their Penn Township home. He said two second-floor bedrooms and the attic were destroyed while the first floor has extensive water damage.

The Bradburn's home is on Dove Circle near the intersection with Frock Drive.


Powered by WorldNow