Quantcast

Good Samaritan alerts couple to house fire - abc27 WHTM

Dauphin County

Good Samaritan alerts couple to house fire

Posted: Updated:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A family was saved by a woman driving by the home when it caught fire.

On Friday afternoon Dee Hosler, a courier for Centric Bank, was in her car on Union Deposit Road when she saw a house engulfed in smoke. She got out of her car and ran to the home.

The homeowners were inside sleeping, but they, along with their cat, were able to escape unharmed.

Firefighters said it started as a chimney fire, which then spread to the attic.

Hosler said the couple was very grateful.

"There were times when we were both crying, me and Beth (the homeowner)," Hossler said. "It was very emotional."

The couple also told Hosler they had just bought the house in August.

Powered by WorldNow