Everyone will be cheering you when you bake up a batch of these "salute to New Orleans" Big Easy Brownies. Whether for game watching, movie night, a potluck or bake sale, these awesome brownies will always score you big points!
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18.3-ounce) package fudge brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
1 cup chopped pecans, divided
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir 1/2 cup pecans and the chocolate chips into prepared batter.
2. Bake as directed, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, butter, and brown sugar, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Pour frosting evenly over brownies. Sprinkle remaining pecans over top. Allow to stand 30 to 45 minutes, or until frosting is set.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.