Quantcast

Wheelchair-bound man's clothing catches on fire - abc27 WHTM

York County

Wheelchair-bound man's clothing catches on fire

Posted: Updated:
WELLSVILLE, Pa. (WHTM) -

Fire crews responded to a call involving a wheelchair-bound man whose clothing caught on fire.

The Wellsville Fire Company was dispatched around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday evening after receiving a report of a house fire with possible entrapment.

They arrived at the scene on South Kralltown Road and found the victim, who is in his sixties.

According to Fire Chief Larry Anderson, the victim's clothing caught on fire because of a nearby heating unit. His mother had attempted to smother the fire and then douse it with water.

The victim was transported via helicopter to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. There is no word on his condition.

Powered by WorldNow