Four people were displaced by a three-alarm apartment fire in Lancaster this morning.
Fire official believe a space heater sparked the blaze in a first floor apartment on the 500 block of North Queen Street around 7 a.m. The man living there suffered from burns and smoke inhalation.
In all, four units were destroyed in the fire causing an estimated $80,000 in damage.
The residents are being assisted by the Red Cross. Whileneighboring homes should be fine.
Chief Commander Fred Lenhart of the Lancaster City Fire Department said visibility was poor because of the smoke.
Crews were called to the scene around 7 a.m. and were on scene for several hours.
Investigators say the unit did have a smoke detector.
3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, Worldnow and WHTM. All Rights Reserved.