Quantcast

Police: Faulty heating system may have sparked fire - abc27 WHTM

Police: Faulty heating system may have sparked fire

Posted: Updated:
SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A fire that heavily damaged a Shippensburg area home Monday morning apparently was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Trooper Michael Rugh, a state police fire marshal, said Thursday that the investigation is ongoing, but it is believed the fire at 19 Kail Avenue in Southampton Township started in the home's ceiling electric heat.

The two-alarm fire burned the roof off the house, but firefighters were able to prevent the flames from destroying the living area of the home and many personal items were able to be salvaged, Rugh said.

The American Red Cross was assisting the victims. No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow