Tree trimming and preparatory work is slated to begin March 18 on Route 641, East Main Street in Mechanicsburg.
The work is the beginning of a project to repair Main Street and Simpson Street and sections of Market Street and East Trindle Road in preparation for resurfacing this summer.
PennDOT spokesman Mike Crochunis said drivers should expect parking restrictions and single-lane traffic restrictions with flaggers assisting them through the work zone in the borough on weekdays after 8:30 a.m.
Crews will repair the following roads in preparation for resurfacing:
- Main Street from the intersection with West Simpson Street and West Trindle Road to East Trindle Road;
- East Trindle Road from East Main Street to Sheely Lane;
- Simpson Street from the intersection with West Main Street;
- West Trindle Road to the intersection with Wesley Drive and Sheely Lane; and
- South Market Street from Main Street to Simpson Street.