A family of four is being helped by the American Red Cross after a fire destroyed their Cumberland County home.
It started shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday on the 800 block of Doubling Gap Road in Lower Mifflin Township, near Newville.
The fire chief said the fire started in a wood stove in the back of the house. He said the flames were intense because of the wind.
One firefighter was injured and taken to the hospital. There's no word on the extent of the injuries.
The family was not home when the fire broke out.
3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, Worldnow and WHTM. All Rights Reserved.