'Late night snack' leads to 3-alarm fire, no one injured - abc27 WHTM

Lebanon County

'Late night snack' leads to 3-alarm fire, no one injured

Posted: Updated:

No one was injured during a three-alarm fire at a row home in Lebanon early Friday.

Denarius Ervin lives in the home on the first block of Walton Street. He told abc27 News he was cooking chicken fingers around 3:30 a.m. when he stepped away from the stove for a few minutes. When he came back, he said the whole stove was on fire. The flames quickly spread up the walls.

"It's one of those things you never think will happen to you, but then it like 'oh Lord, that's a fire'," Ervin said.

He was at home with his sister and dog at the time. His sister made it out safely on her own, but he went back inside of the burning home to get his dog, who was hiding in a bathroom on the third floor.

Fire crews attacked the flames from the roof, at one point cutting a hole in the roof to access the flames and billowing smoke.

The fire spread to one neighboring home. The American Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced by the fire.

Powered by WorldNow