abc27's Family Fun Contest
Official Contest Rules
May 6, 2013-May 24, 2013
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
Harrisburg Television Inc. ("Sponsor") is conducting this Contest on TV station WHTM ("Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin Monday, May 6, 2013 and continue weeknights through Friday, May 24, 2013 (the "Contest Term") during abc27 News Live at Five.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Watch abc27 News Live at Five weeknights between 5:00pm and 6:00pm during the "Contest Term." Sometime between those times, the abc27 Contest number will be announced (1-877-543-2727). The 27th caller after the contest number is revealed will win if all qualifications are met.
What can I win?
One winner will be chosen on each day of the Contest Term . Each winner will win four (4) regular one-day admission tickets to HERSHEYPARK® Amusement Park in Hershey, PA, redeemable during HERSHEYPARK's 2013 regular summer schedule, and four (4) single person admission passes to The Hershey's Great Chocolate Factory Mystery in 4DTM at Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction . Daily Prize Packages are valued at approximately $259.60.
The Prize Winner is responsible for all costs not specifically included in the Prize package including, but not limited to, transportation, gratuities, incidentals, and meals. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. Any interpretation of the Prize shall be made within the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Prize is not transferable. Portions of the Prize must be redeemed by the date and time listed within the Prize description. The same restrictions that apply to any other guest of Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction will apply to the Winner and guests. No Prize substitutions, exchanges, or cash equivalents will be permitted by the Prize Winner, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value if deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Neither Sponsor nor Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company shall be responsible for Prize Winner limitations that prevent the acceptance or use of the Prize or any portion thereof.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning are solely dependent on the number of callers.
How will I be notified?
Winners will be notified at the time of the call if they are the 27th caller.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope by June 28, 2013 to: abc27's Family Fun Contest, 3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
13. Prize Provider:
HE&R is solely responsible for providing the Prize identified above to WHTM. It has no other responsibility with regard to this Contest, or the design, administration or execution of the Contest. HERSHEYPARK® is a trademark used with permission or under license by Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. All rights reserved.
abc27's Family Fun Contest
Winner's Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification And Release
Acknowledgement. I have read and understand or have had explained to me the official rules and regulations concerning the attached contest promotion, and declare that I have complied fully with all of its associated rules.
I further declare that, at the time of my entry, I was _____ years of age, a resident of _________________________, and that neither I, nor any member of my Family/Household, was/is an employee of the Sponsor, promotional companies, advertiser or their agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates involved with this contest or other media in the Station's market.
I understand that I am responsible for all taxes of any type associated with my prize.
Waiver. I hereby for myself and/or my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor, its promotional partners, prize providers and advertisers and their agencies involved with this contest promotion, and each such party's respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors, assigns, consultants and representatives (collectively, the "Sponsor Affiliates"), from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, losses, expenses, demands, damages and/or other liabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which I ever had, now have or might in the future have against any of the Sponsor Affiliates (including, but not limited to, the costs and expenses of experts, consultants and attorneys), resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of my participation in this contest promotion and/or my receipt and use of such Prize, including any future use (collectively, "Claims");
Indemnification. I also agree to protect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Sponsor Affiliates, from and against any and all Claims arising out of or relating to: (1) my participation in this contest promotion; and/or (2) my possession/acceptance and/or use/misuse of such Prize, including any future use including, but not limited to, the, cancellations and/or delays or any change by any transportation carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any other persons providing any of components of the prize for the winner; and
Release. I hereby agree to allow Sponsor and its designees to use my name, picture, likeness, biographical information, voice, any statement made during interviews, and address (city and state) in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law in conjunction with my acceptance and use of said prize.
Printed Name Signature
Social Security Number City, State, Zip Code