York County residents can seek relief from the heat at a cooling center, and senior centers are offering extended hours this week.
The general public can go to the Salvation Army at 114 S. Duke Street in York, where the cooling center will be open from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The cooling center will be operated by Salvation Army staff.
In addition, many local senior centers are providing extended hours this week to provide relief from the heat for residents age 60 or older.
Locations and hours of operation are listed below:
- Delta Senior Center, 5 Pendyrus Street, Suite 1, Delta, open until 7 p.m. if needed Monday through Thursday, and until 5 p.m. on Friday
- Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N.Second Street, Dillsburg, open until 4:30 p.m. all week, additional hours if needed
- Golden Visions Senior Center, 250 Fame Ave, Suite 125, Hanover, open until 5:30 p.m. all week.
- Heritage Senior Center, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover, open until 3 p.m. all week.
- Red Land Senior Center, 736 Wyndamere Road, Lewisberry, open until 3 p.m. all week (normal hours)
- Stewartstown Senior Center, 26 South Main Street, Stewartstown, open until 5 p.m. all week
- Susquehanna Area Senior Center, 2427 Craley Road, Wrightsville, open until 5 p.m. all week
- White Rose Senior Center, 27 South Broad Street, York, open until 4 p.m. all week, later if needed on Monday and Tuesday
- Windy Hill, Senior Center, 50 North East Street, Suite 2, Spring Grove, open until 4:30 p.m. all week
- York Community SENIORS, 1251 West King Street, York, open as needed all week.