Supposedly named for the sweet aroma that attracts hummingbirds, this cake recipe isn't guaranteed to attract cute little birds, but it will certainly attract your gang to the kitchen once they smell it baking!
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained with juice reserved
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ripe banana, cut up
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1 (12-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped, divided
1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, pineapple, eggs, and cinnamon. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to make 1/2 cup; add it to bowl then beat with an electric mixer until mixture is thoroughly combined.
3. Stir in banana, 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup cherries; mix well. Sprinkle remaining nuts and cherries in prepared pan, then pour in batter.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert onto serving platter and cool completely.
5. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and milk. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.