Enjoy this recipe for Italian Grilled Chicken with Caprese Pasta from Isabel Maples of the Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association.
1. Heat the grill to medium-high.
2. On the stove, bring a large pot of water to boil.
3. On another burner, toast 1/4 - 1/2 cup pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring. Watch carefully as they start to brown then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
To grill the chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a large shallow dish, stir together olive oil red pepper, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Dip chicken into mixture, turning to coat each piece.
2. Grill the chicken 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside, covering to keep warm.
To make the Caprese Pasta:
1/2 lb penne pasta
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 (12 oz) packages of grape tomatoes, washed and halved
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella, diced
1/2 (4 oz) container of basil paste (find it refrigerated in the produce section)
1/4 cup fresh basil, washed and torn in half
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Stir garlic in sauce pan with olive oil over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and mozzarella. Add cooked pasta. Stir in garlic and olive oil. Add basil paste and fresh basil, stirring to combine. Slice (or dice) chicken.
4. Top pasta with chicken, pine nuts and grated parmesan cheese.
3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, Worldnow and WHTM. All Rights Reserved.