Got the baking bug? Cure it with this easy "from scratch" recipe for chocolate cake with a secret ingredient! Okay, we'll let the secret out. It's one of the world's most popular soft drink flavors. Try Chocolate Cola Cake for guaranteed raves!
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18-1/4-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (4-serving-size) package chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups cola, divided (See Notes)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil until blended. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups cola. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes; pour batter into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and remaining cola; cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then the pecans.
5. Spread warm frosting over top of warm cake; cool completely on a wire rack.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.