Lynchburg, VA - There was lot of commotion at the Wards Road shopping center Sunday night according to fire officials.
Crews were called to Dick's Sporting Goods a little after 9 p.m. after reports of heavy smoke in the building. Officials say a fire in the trash compactor was the cause of all the smoke. Firefighters found the fire and put it out within a half hour of arriving.
Officials say there was no fire damage to the building, or surrounding businesses, but the store did suffer smoke damage.