Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies have just a hint of lemon and are so festive-looking, they'll add sparkle to your dessert table easily. And since Mrs. Claus made them, you know they're Santa approved!
Makes: 36 cookies
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
3 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 drops yellow food color
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, lemon extract, and the egg. Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
5. Dip tops of cookies in glaze and place on wire rack.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.