Quantcast

Two People In Hospital After Fire Consumes Home - abc27 WHTM

Two People In Hospital After Fire Consumes Home

Posted:
Danville, VA - Two people are in the hospital after a fire consumed their Danville home early Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to the 100 block of Lansdale Street just before 1 a.m.

According to officials, a woman who lives there escaped on her own, but a handicapped man was still trapped inside.  Firefighters made a quick rescue and were able to pull him out.  Firefighters say that man told them he thought he was going to die before crews rescued him.

Both people in the home were taken to Danville Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, but officials say a family dog died in the fire.

Officials say the fire was caused by kerosene that was accidentally spilled on a heater while being refilled.  The home suffered serious damage.

Firefighters are asking folks to make a donation to the burn fund to help those people out.
Powered by WorldNow