PennDOT has restored speed limits on major roadways in south central Pennsylvania.
The highways returned to their normally posted speeds at around 2:30 p.m.
PennDOT had reduced speed limits to 45 mph, starting at 6 a.m., on Interstate 81 in Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon counties, on Interstate 83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties, and on Interstate 78 in Lebanon County.
Speed limits were also reduced to 45 mph on the following roads:
- Interstate 283 in Dauphin County;
- Route 283 in Dauphin and Lancaster counties;
- Route 22/322 in Dauphin and Perry counties;
- Route 581 in Cumberland County;
- Route 11 in Franklin and Cumberland counties;
- Route 15 in Adams, York and Cumberland counties;
- Route 11/15 in Cumberland and Perry County counties;
- Route 30 in York and Lancaster counties;
- Route 222 in Lancaster County, north of Route 30.