Quantcast

Two People Injured in House Fire, One in Serious Condition - abc27 WHTM

Two People Injured in House Fire, One in Serious Condition

Posted:

 

Danville, VA - Two people are injured, one with serious burns, after their home caught fire.

Crews were called to the 200 Block of Glenlyn Street just after 8:00 Wednesday night.  Officials say there was heavy smoke when they arrived.  

Family members on the scene told crews that one man was still inside the home.  Crews were able to rescue the man, but he suffered severe burns and had to be flown to the University of North Carolina for treatment.  A female on the scene was also treated for smoke inhalation.

Officials say the cause was a pot that ignited while cooking.

 

Powered by WorldNow