York residents must move their cars from snow emergency routes tonight unless they want their vehicles ticketed and towed.
The city has declared a snow emergency beginning at 9 p.m.
York's snow emergency routes are as follows:
- Market Street, City limit to City limit;
- Philadelphia Street, City limit to Carlisle Avenue;
- Queen Street, City limit to Arch Street;
- George Street, City limit to City limit;
- Princess Street, City limit to City limit;
- Duke Street, Jackson Street to North Street;
- W. King Street from S. Beaver to S. George Streets;
- Beaver Street from North Street to W. College Avenue.
Residents can park at the King Street, Market Street and Philadelphia Street garages for free during the duration of the snow emergency.
Free parking is also available at the following city owned parking lots:
- Lot #2 – 300 block of W. King Street;
- Lot #3 – 150 S. Duke Street;
- Lot 3A – Newton & Howard;
- Lot #7 – 600 block of West Mason Avenue;
- Lot #11 – Duke and Princess Street;
- Lot #12 – 700 block East Mason Avenue;
- Lot #14 – Penn and St. Paul Streets;
- Lot #17 – 200 block of W. Market Street rear (Mason Avenue);
- Allen Field Lot;
- Lafayette Plaza – 200 W. Philadelphia Street.