PennDOT has temporarily reduced the speed limit on major roadways in the Midstate because of the winter weather.
The speed limit on the following roadways is reduced to 45 mph:
- Interstate 81 in Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon counties
- Interstate 78 in Lebanon County
- Interstate 83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties
- Interstate 283 in Dauphin County
- PA 283 in Dauphin and Lancaster counties
- US 22/322 in Dauphin County and Perry counties
- PA 581 in Cumberland County
- US 11 in Franklin and Cumberland counties
- US 15 in Adams, York and Cumberland counties
- US 11/15 in Cumberland and Perry County counties
- US 30 in York and Lancaster Counties
- US 222 in Lancaster County, from US 30 to Berks County line
Officials are asking motorists to avoid the roadways if possible, but if motorists have to travel, check conditions by visiting www.511PA.com.
PennDOT also asks motorists to allow plenty of space when driving near plow trucks and to never attempt to pass a truck while it is plowing or spreading winter materials.
3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014, Worldnow and WHTM. All Rights Reserved.