This Amish-style dessert is just what you need after a long day, and you won't even mind making them because they're super easy. Served by themselves or with a scoop of delicious ice cream, you can't go wrong with this stress-free pastry.
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon butter
2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold pastry onto a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture into center of each pastry square, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Brush edges of each square with mixture. Fold each square into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush top of each pastry with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
© 2014 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.