Quantcast

Woman rescued from burning Harrisburg home - abc27 WHTM

Woman rescued from burning Harrisburg home

Posted: Updated:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A woman was transported to a hospital with severe injuries after Harrisburg firefighters rescued her from a burning home early Thursday.

Fire Chief Brian Enterline said the woman was trapped by smoke and fire and had collapsed near the window of a second-floor bedroom when firefighters found her in the home in the 1800 block of Market Street around 4:45 a.m.

She was conscious when she was taken to the hospital. Her medical condition was not available.

Another occupant of the home was able to get out safely.

Enterline said it took firefighters nearly 45 minutes to bring the fire under control.

He said the two-alarm fire was accidental in nature, and was caused by an electrical malfunction of a power cord to a space heater on the first floor.

Two residents were displaced and were being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Damage to the property and contents is estimated at $60,000.

 

Powered by WorldNow