Quantcast

Smoking in bed caused West York fire - abc27 WHTM

Smoking in bed caused West York fire

Posted: Updated:
WEST YORK, Pa. (WHTM) -

A West York man escaped serious injury after he fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and started a fire in his bedroom, police said.

The resident of 1809 Monroe Street told authorities that he awoke and found his mattress fully engulfed in flames.

The man, who was not identified, was treated at the scene for symptoms related to smoke inhalation but refused transport to a hospital, borough police said.

Police officers and firefighters extinguished the mattress fire before it spread to the home, which sustained smoke and water damage.

The neighboring home in the duplex also had smoke in the attic.

 

Powered by WorldNow