Quantcast

Police: Careless smoking caused fatal Lykens fire - abc27 WHTM

Police: Careless smoking caused fatal Lykens fire

Posted: Updated:
LYKENS, Pa. (WHTM) -

A fire that took the life of a Lykens woman and critically injured two others was caused by careless smoking, according to police.

Police Chief Michael Ecker said the fire March 2 in the 600 block of Main Street has been ruled accidental.

Patricia Scott, 55, died from smoke inhalation and burns when the fire destroyed her home and four others.

Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick previously said Scott died in room where she smoked and there were oxygen tanks.

Scott's 11-year-old grandson and his mother escaped the flames by jumping from a second-story window, but spent several days recovering from their injuries at the Lehigh Valley Burn Unit in Allentown.

Eight people were displaced from their homes.

 

Powered by WorldNow