If you like the sweet 'n' salty combo, you're gonna love Sweet 'n' Salty Raspberry Bars! The flavor-packed taste of raspberry gelatin pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the pretzels. You won't even be able to tell it's made with lighter ingredients!
What You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend, divided
1/2 cup light tub margarine, trans-fat-free, melted
1 package (4-serving-size) sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries (see Note)
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, 1-1/2 tablespoons Splenda, and margarine. Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
4. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add raspberries and chill until slightly thickened. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, combine cream cheese and remaining Splenda until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pretzel crust.
5. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat gelatin and raspberries until berries are broken up. Spread over cream cheese layer.
6. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.
Note: Although the raspberries need to be thawed slightly so they are not frozen solid, the colder they are, the faster the gelatin will thicken. The sooner the gelatin thickens, the sooner we can dig in!
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.