Enjoy this recipe for Parmesan Asparagus from D&S Produce at the West Shore Farmer's Market.
1 lb asparagus
1 cup bread crumbs
½ cup flour
¼ cup milk
5 cups bread stuffing
½ cup parmesan cheese
Nonstick baking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut off bottom inch of asparagus.
3. Mix 2 eggs and milk together and beat until thoroughly mixed. Combine with bread stuffing cubes and mix with hands until all cubes are coated with mixture. Spray bottom of 9” x 9” pan with nonstick spray. Then spread bread stuffing mixture uniformly on bottom of pan.
4. Place remaining eggs in bowl and beat.
5. Mix bread crumbs and flour together in another bowl.
6. Dip asparagus in egg and immediately coat in bread crumbs.
7. Place breaded asparagus over stuffing in the 9”x 9” tray.
8. Spread parmesan cheese over top of asparagus.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 mins.
10. Serve warm as a side dish. Serves 6 to 8 people.