HERSHEY, Pa. (WHTM) -
The state police fire marshal is investigating an overnight fire in Derry Township.
It started shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday at a home on the 100 block of West Governor Road.
The homeowner told abc27 his 11-year-old son smelled smoke and woke everyone up. All six people inside the home got out safely.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the back of the home in the kitchen area.
The fire chief says the fire appears to be an accident, started by hot coals from a charcoal grill that were thrown into garbage cans.