Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole is a tasty way to use up all of your leftover hot dogs. Top it off with some chili and cheese, and you'll have a dish the whole gang'll line up for! Hot dog!
What You'll Need:
2 (8-1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
3/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 to 5 hot dogs, cut in 1/2-inch slices (see note)
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, and cayenne pepper with a spoon; mix well. Stir in hot dogs, then pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then slice.
1. Feel free to use hot dogs right out of the package or grill them first for that BBQ flavor.
2. If you want to give this a bit of that southwestern zip, top with chili and some shredded Cheddar cheese before serving.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.