With a hint of cinnamon and sugar on the outside, and a creamy filling on the inside, mini French Toast Rollups are the perfect make-ahead, portable breakfast!
What You'll Need:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
2. Roll out each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over bread, distributing evenly. Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
3. In a shallow dish, combine remaining sugar and the cinnamon. Brush butter over rollups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated. Return them to baking sheet after coating.
4. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
Note: Rollups will keep in the freezer up to two months prior to baking.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.