Six Sigma Development Solutions developed the Lean and Six Sigma Jumpstart Event which is a "hyper-focused" event that encompasses both Lean and Six Sigma.This article was originally distributed via 24-7 Press Release Newswire. 24-7 Press Release Newswire, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
ROGERS, AR, July 05, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc. completed a 5 day Six Sigma Jumpstart Event
to increase the capability of a melt furnace to maintain a tighter tolerance on temperature.
Six Sigma Development Solutions developed the Lean and Six Sigma Jumpstart Event which is a "hyper-focused" event that encompasses both Lean and Six Sigma
Six Sigma Development Solutions, or SSDSI, has found that the typical Six Sigma format lacks a certain span of time for the team to be "hyper focused" on the problem.
This led SSDSI to develop the Lean and Six Sigma Jumpstart Event which is a "hyper-focused" event that encompasses both Lean and Six Sigma. This is not the same exact format as a Lean Kaizen event, but it follows the same basic premise. The Six Sigma Jumpstart basic format is below:
Day 0 - Starts four weeks prior to the event
Session #1 of the Lean and Six Sigma 5 Day Jumpstart
Day 1 - 2 1/2 - This is the first 2.5 days of the 5 day event (Normally Monday 8am - Wednesday 12pm)
- This is to complete the Define Phase and to start the Measure and Analyze Phase
- Complete the SIPOC with the SMEs
- Complete the Value Stream Map (if needed)
- Employ other Lean tools if needed (Spaghetti Map, QFD, etc.)
- Perform MSAs
- Perform initial capability analysis
- Complete the Process Map with the SMEs
- Complete the Variables Map, C&E Matrix and FMEA
- Perform Multi Vari Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and other statistical tools to determine the KPIVs
- Project Plan for Session #2 of the Lean and Six Sigma Jumpstart
Four week intermission between Session #1 and Session #2
- Complete any Quick Wins
- Gather and Analyze further data if needed
- Perform MSAs on updated measurements
- Develop pilot test for the improvement
Session #2 of the Lean and Six Sigma 5 Day Jumpstart
Day 2 1/2 - 5 - This is the second 2.5 days of the 5 day event (Normally Monday 8am - Wednesday 12pm)
- Complete DFMEA (Risk Management of the Improvement)
- Complete the improvements that are applicable within the 5 week timeframe
- Collect data from the improved process
- Perform updated Capability Analysis
- Develop the "30 Day Plan"
- Develop the Stakeholder Report Out
The team gives the Report Out to the Stakeholders on the Last hour of the event (normally 11pm-12pm on Wednesday).
SSDSI uses this format with groups of 3-5 Lean and Six Sigma Practitioners or Potential Lean and Six Sigma Green Belt (students).
These Jumpstart Sessions
can be very successful if performed correctly under a strong infrastructure. The hyper focused time on the opportunity does not allow for teams to get distracted. The Stakeholder Report out with "bosses", VPs, Colleagues and other Peers is a motivator to maintain focus on the opportunity.
Six Sigma Development Solutions provides Lean and Six Sigma Training and Deployment.
If you would like a more detailed Agenda for the Lean and Six Sigma Jumpstart Event, please email Kevin Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you have any questions about the event, contact Kevin Clay at email@example.com
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the original version on 24-7 Press Release Newswire visit: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/six-sigma-development-solutions-inc-completed-a-six-sigma-jumpstart-event-to-increase-the-capability-of-a-melt-furnace-to-maintain-a-tighter-tolerance-on-temperature-389241.php