Quantcast

Roanoke Apartment Fire Displaces More than 70 Residents - abc27 WHTM

Roanoke Apartment Fire Displaces More than 70 Residents

Posted:

Roanoke, VA- More than 70 residents at a Roanoke apartment complex have been displaced by a fire. Roanoke fire officials say crews were called to Camden Court in the 1300 block of Burks Street SW around 9 a.m. Saturday.

When crews arrived they found a fire in the laundry room of the building. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes and was contained to the laundry room.

There was smoke and water damage in several apartments. Utilities also had to be disconnected because of damage to the building's wiring. Officials say that is why so many are displaced. Damage to the complex is estimated at $22,500. We're told the cause of the fire was accidental and no one was injured.

The Red Cross has set up a shelter at Patrick Henry High School to assist about 20 residents.

 

Powered by WorldNow