HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Every year, abc27 honors the remarkable women of Central Pennsylvania. This year’s finalists have been announced over the past four weeks, and the winner was revealed on Monday morning on Good Day PA.

This year’s winner is Amy Moreno! As the local winner, she receives a $1,000 donation to the charity of her choice.

Watch the announcement:

Moreno created and runs Bethany House, a home in Carlisle for young women aging out of foster care. I’m definitely living my dream,” she said, “There is no greater satisfaction than to see these young ladies and see the transformation that can take place in such a short amount of time.”

“A remarkable woman is somebody who can take the tragedy of their life and turn it into a triumph, and I see that every day,” Moreno said.

Moreno says the young women living at Bethany House are her remarkable women. “I could not do this without any one of them, and so I’m not worthy of this, they are,” Moreno said.

Moreno is also one of seven regional finalists who will be featured on a national special that airs Saturday, April 9. Tune into NewsNation at 9 a.m. to find out who will be named Nexstar’s Remarkable Woman of the year.

The overall winner earns an additional $5,000 donation to the charity of her choice.

All four Central Pennsylvania finalists will be featured in abc27’s local half-hour special honoring them on April 8 at 7:30 p.m.

This year’s finalists included:

Guadalupe “Lupita” Barba

The executive director of Juntos de Lebanon, an organization she founded with the purpose of helping the Latino Community in the Lebanon area. She is also responsible for the distribution of over 600 doses of vaccines among Latinos in Lebanon.

To learn more about Barba, click here.

Cheryl Hornung

She turned her own personal tragedy into an opportunity and now brings joy to sick children across the country through a volunteer-powered nonprofit that gathers and donates gifts called Caitlin’s Smiles.

To learn more about Hornung, click here.

Amy Moreno

She devotes her life to helping young women aging out of foster care. She has converted her former home into Bethany House. It is now transitional housing for four young women aging out of foster care. She and her volunteers prepare them for adult life.

To learn more about Moreno, click here.

Jackie Bieber

Bieber has been open about the loss of her daughter to suicide in order to push for change in Pennsylvania. Her efforts to push for change paid off in 2021 when Shawn’s Law was passed. The law increases penalties for anyone who helps in the suicide of someone under the age of 18 or with intellectual disabilities.

To learn more about Bieber, click here.