HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — According to a source who has direct knowledge of the plans, Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) will not be seeking re-election and will not run for governor in the 2022 election.
Toomey is 58 years old and has served in the U.S. Senate since 2011. He will serve out the remainder of his current term.
He was seen as a likely GOP candidate for governor.
Today’s announcement is scheduled for 10 A.M. We will have the latest updates when they become available.
- Photos: ‘We the People’ at heart of White House holiday decorations
- Dems make final push before losing Congress
- Riot police oust migrants from second camp near Rio Grande
- 5 officers charged after Connecticut man paralyzed in police van incident
- Arizona’s Maricopa County votes to certify 2022 election over GOP objections