HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — With the holidays just days away, Wednesday marks the start of the Christmas and New Year’s travel period.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, AAA is expecting holiday travel to be down by even more than usual this year.
One travel expert is saying the reason why, is more people spent Thanksgiving with family.
“But over the winter holidays, people do all kinds of things. Sure they see their family, but they also go to the beach. They go to Christmas markets in Europe. They do all sorts of things which this year, that’s not going to be something that’s really as much of an option.”
Public health leaders continue advising against all non-essential travel.
- The Pledge of Allegiance: Renata Roos
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- Wolf Administration announces $500,000 to help schools improve nutrition for students
- Steelers sign Ben Roethlisberger to new contract for 2021
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 3,028 new cases, 941,439 total as of March 4, 2021