The Department of Agriculture found mold, problems with fish, and food held at unsafe temperatures in the latest round of restaurant inspections.
China Garden on Fisher Road in Mechanicsburg was out of compliance with 16 violations. The inspection report says the person in charge did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety. There was black and white “mold-like residue” in the walk-in cooler, the facility was using chlorine sanitizer at an “extremely high concentration,” risking contamination, and the grease handling unit was extremely dirty, sticky, and attracting insects and rodents.
Leeds Bar and Grill on Eisenhower Boulevard in Harrisburg was out of compliance with 14 violations. The inspection report says the person in charge did not have adequate knowledge of food safety. Vacuum-packaged fish was not being thawed correctly. There was “heavy mold accumulation” in the food and beer walk-in coolers, and a sanitizer bucket was stored next to coffee, risking contamination.
Funck’s Restaurant and Bar on Main Street in Leola was out of compliance with nine violations. The inspection report says the person in charge did not have adequate knowledge of food safety. Cheese, salad dressings, tomatoes, and other foods had to be thrown out because they were held at too warm of a temperature. Metal pans stored as clean were actually dirty, and there was no soap at the handwash sink.
Establishments with no violations include Susquehanna Soft Serve in Liverpool, Waynesboro Hospital’s snack bar, West Shore Senior Center, and Stella’s Authentic Greek Cuisine in Lancaster.
The Department of Agriculture has a full list of Pennsylvania restaurant inspections on its website.