Rodent poison near food, mold found in safety checks

Restaurant Report

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – Inspectors with the state Department of Agriculture found mold and rodent poison during food safety inspections this week.

Leeds on Eisenhower Boulevard in Harrisburg was out of compliance with 10 violations. The inspector found brown residue inside the soda gun nozzles. There was old food residue on the deli food slicer and a pan of mashed potatoes was left in a hot holding cabinet overnight that was turned off, according to the inspection report.

Country Inn and Suites by Radisson on Beddington Boulevard in Chambersburg was out of compliance with 13 violations. The inspector found a mold residue in the ice machine. The handwash sink had a buildup of mold, a food employee did not follow proper handwashing procedures, and food prep was happening in front of dirty ventilation fans, a report states.

Chilangos Authentic Mexican Restaurante on North Broad Street in Lititz was out of compliance with 17 violations. A frayed wooden spoon was being used to stir rice, food debris was found under equipment and shelving, and an employee was storing Vaseline hand lotion on a kitchen shelf with clean drinking glasses, according to an inspection report.

Red Roof Inn on North Reading Road in Denver had two violations. A report says rodent poison blocks were found in food storage cabinets and there was no sanitizing agent available for the final rinse of dishes.

Places with no violations include Shabba Java in Harrisburg, New Kingstown fire Company, The Well in York, and Molly’s Restaurant & Carryout in Chambersburg.

The Department of Agriculture has a searchable database of Pennsylvania restaurant inspections on its website. If you come across a dirty restaurant, you can file a complaint on the department’s website.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Fill out my online form.